On today’s show we welcome Carmine Gallo, a business communication expert, internationally popular keynote speaker, and author of several bestselling business books like Talk Like TED, The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs, and his latest, Five Stars: The Communication Secrets to Get from Good to Great.
- The origins of Carmine’s passion for communication and why he calls himself a “communications nerd.”
- Carmine’s top tips for individuals who are trying to get better at public speaking.
- Exploring Carmine’s latest book, Five Stars: The Communication Secrets to Get from Good to Great.
- Carmine’s thoughts on “soft skills” and what he learned from a conversation with Guy Kawasaki.
- Finding a place for artificial intelligence in communication skills training.
- The books Carmine is currently reading and more.
About Carmine Gallo:
Carmine Gallo is a three-time Wall Street Journal bestselling author, internationally popular keynote speaker, Harvard instructor, and leadership advisor for the world’s most admired brands. A “communications guru,” according to Publishers Weekly, Gallo’s books have been translated into more than 40 languages. He delivers highly customized, engaging, inspiring, and actionable multimedia keynotes based on his international bestsellers: Talk Like TED, The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs, and The Storyteller’s Secret, and his latest book, Five Stars: The Communication Secrets to Get from Good to Great.
Gallo’s books have been endorsed by billionaires such as Howard Schultz, Vinod Khosla and Marc Benioff, CEOs like Gino Blefari (Berkshire Hathaway Home Services of America) and Tony Hsieh (Zappos), and a wide range of experts from Tony Robbins to Adam Grant. Gallo is one of the most influential voices in communication, business and leadership and has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Success Magazine as well as on MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, and ABC’s 20/20. Gallo has built a reputation for transforming leaders into powerful storytellers and communicators at the world’s largest and most admired brands including: Amazon Web Services, Accenture, Allstate, Apple, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Chevron, Coca-Cola, Google, HCA Health, Intel, LinkedIn, McKinsey, Medtronic, Merck, Microsoft, Walmart, and many others. Carmine Gallo writes popular columns for Forbes.com and Inc.com, and the Harvard Business Review.
Learn more about Carmine Gallo at www.carminegallo.com.